Jobs - Full-Time
Are you someone who seeks to understand? Were you the kid that constantly asked questions about how things worked and why? How would you like to use those critical thinking skills to help provide 1000 companies a fighting chance?
As an integral part of the Deksia process, brand strategists host discovery meetings with new clients and take charge of creating an annual marketing plan (AMP). Once a project is up and running, it is the strategist’s job to make assets from all departments flow into one, cohesive message.
Putting together a good marketing strategy takes more than a meeting with a client. Great strategists are also naturally inclined to learn as much as possible about their company as a whole – from their industry to the audience they wish to reach.
Main responsibilities for this role
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Strategic planning skills 🔮🎯
Having the ability to zoom out and see the big picture and develop marketing plans that coincide with client goals and expectations.
Naturally extroverted, but still able to work alone 📣🧑💻
Ideal candidates for this position are naturals when it comes to presenting to a crowd, but also appreciate a few hours behind closed doors to knock out some research or presentation prep.
A knack for persuasive storytelling 📖✨
A great plan can (and, oftentimes, will) go unnoticed without an engaging presentation.
Extraordinary communication & listening skills 💬👂
Before devising an extraordinary brand strategy, it is crucial to first listen to the client’s needs, wants, and budget.
Strong analytical & note-taking skills 🧐📓
One of the most important steps in brand strategy is research. If you don’t have a natural hunger for knowledge, burnout is likely to be inevitable.
Skills/experience that we’d love to see, but can be learned
Do you have experience with any of the following? If so, let us know! 🤩
- Background/experience in journalism
- Experience using brand archetypes
- Background/experience in psychology
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Monday, Trello, or another project management software
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- Adobe Suite experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and/or XD)
Culture check - how does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Obsessions. Are you contributing to the obsessions of your department?
Here are the current Brand Strategy department obsessions:
- Create value
- Manage expectations
- Communicate strategy
Compensation & benefits
- $32,000 – $40,000
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Get your job done / unlimited PTO mentality – As long as you plan ahead, communicate with the team, you’re free to take all the time you need! (within reason, of course)
- Retirement Savings Program
- Insurance Benefits – Medical, dental, life, and more offered!
- Parental Leave – Ask for details
- Technology or stipend – likely to be provided, depending on your role
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.