Jobs - Internship
Copywriting Internship – Spring 2021 (Jan 11 – April 16)
A copywriter is a vital member of the creative team at Deksia. Tasked with creating content for a brand, our copywriters are skilled in strategy creation, creative writing, as well as technical writing, editing, and proofing. During this 3 month internship, you will assist the team in generating content for new and existing clients, writing clear and concise copy for campaigns, and proofreading and editing all material that Deksia produces. Your words will bring brands to life, while informing and engaging target audiences. Internship programs are tailored to fit the intern’s interests, so description and responsibilities of the position will vary from candidate to candidate.
- I support my community internally and externally.
- I strive to be and do my best.
- I make it fun.
- I complete projects assigned to me on time and in budget.
- I write copy based on the Creative Director’s direction to align with the brand and the strategy set forth for the client.
- I collaborate with the creative team to develop strategy, establish tone of voice, and create content for Deksia and Deksia’s clients.
- I maintain up to date records as it pertains to my department.
- I edit and proofread all copy for accuracy, grammar, and spelling.
- I effectively deploy the direction provided to me.
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me.
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position.
- I want it: I love to do my job.
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job.
- Proven experience as a copywriter
- Proficiency in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
Wish list Skills
- Degree or pursuit of a degree in English, journalism, or a related field
- Strong research skills
- Experience with writing in email marketing, SEO, and other online advertising platforms
- Teamwork PM (Software)
- Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop)
Growth Path with Deksia
- Level 1: Copywriting Intern
- Level 2: Copywriting Apprentice
- Level 3: Copywriter
- 3 month internship program
- Unpaid internship
- Flexible work environment
- Part time (20 hours per week)
- Urbandale, Iowa