Jobs - Full-Time
Copywriting – Apprenticeship Spring / Summer 2020
A copywriter is a vital member of the creative team at Deksia. Tasked with creating content for a brand, our copywriters are skilled in strategy creation, creative writing, as well as technical writing, editing, and proofing. We are looking for a Copywriting Apprentice to work alongside our creative team in our Urbandale, Iowa office for a 6 month apprenticeship. During this apprenticeship, you will assist the team in generating content for new and existing clients, writing clear and concise copy for campaigns, and proofreading and editing all material that Deksia produces. Your words will bring brands to life, while informing and engaging target audiences. The apprenticeship program is designed to provide the skills needed to be hireable as a copywriter.
- I support my community internally and externally.
- I strive to be and do my best.
- I make it fun.
- I complete projects assigned to me on time and in budget.
- I write copy based on the Creative Director’s direction to align with the brand and the strategy set forth for the client.
- I collaborate with the creative team to develop strategy, establish tone of voice, and create content for Deksia and Deksia’s clients.
- I edit and proofread all copy for accuracy, grammar, and spelling.
- I maintain up to date records as it pertains to my department.
- I effectively deploy the direction provided to me.
- I provide an executive summary monthly: how to improve our copywriting efforts.
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position.
- I want it: I love to do my job.
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job.
- Proven experience as a copywriter
- Proficiency in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
Wish list Skills
- Degree or pursuit of a degree in English, journalism, or a related field
- Strong research skills
- Experience with writing in email marketing, SEO, and other online advertising platforms
- Teamwork PM (Software)
- Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop)
Growth Path with Deksia
- Level 2: Copywriting Apprentice
- Level 3: Copywriter or Copywriter Coordinator
- 6 month apprenticeship program
- Flexible work environment
- Get your job done / unlimited PTO mentality
- 40 hours per week
- Salary starting at $20,800
- Urbandale, Iowa