Jobs - Internship
NEXT AVAILABLE OPENING:
Fall 2022 ( Sep 12 – Dec 9)
Future internship opportunities:
- Spring 2023 (Jan 9 – Apr 14)
- Summer 2023 (May 15 – Aug 11)
- Fall 2023 ( Sep 11 – Dec 8)
“Why do you write like it’s going out of style?”
Deksia is looking for a talented wordsmith that is young, scrappy and hungry for a career that allows them to fight not AND write. If this sounds like you, read on. Do not throw away your shot!
Copywriters are vital members of the creative team. They work in tandem with the strategy team to provide consistent voice and messaging to be used across all platforms. These words can then be used to tell a brand’s story via brochure, paid Facebook ad campaign, or even their website.
In addition to creative and/or technical writing, interns will also have opportunities to hone in on their proofreading and editing skills. This internship is tailored to fit the individual’s interests, so responsibilities will vary from candidate to candidate.
This internship is ideal for those interested in pursuing careers such as:
- Content Writer
- Creative Copywriter
- Technical Writer
- Brand Journalist
- Communication Specialist
- Advertising Manager
- Public Relations
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Copywriting experience 🧑🎓📝
A minimum of 2+ years of study in English, journalism, or another copywriting-related field is strongly preferred.
Time management & organizational skills 🕑🗄
Although we do have a stellar project management team to back you up, your organization skills need to be on point in order to keep your clients (and team) on track.
Excellent written and proofreading skills ✏️💯
Effective communication is key to telling the clients’ story effectively. You also must have an eye for detail and a knack for proofreading on the fly.
Strong research /note-taking skills 🧐📓
Our team serves a variety of industries, each requiring a unique approach for their specific audience.
And most importantly…
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position 👍
- I want it: I love to do my job 🙌
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job 💪
Skills /experience that gets us excited
Do you have experience with any of the following? If so, let us know! 🤩
- Experience in writing for email marketing, SEO, and other online advertising platforms
- Adobe Suite experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and/or XD)
- Experience using WordPress or another online blogging platform
- Familiarity with Google Workspace tools such as Drive, Gmail, Docs, and Sheets
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Trello, or another project management software
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
What can I expect to learn?
You’ll beef up your resume with these in-demand skills. 💪
- Writing copy based on the Creative Director’s direction to align with the brand and the strategy set forth for the client.
- Collaborating with the creative team to develop strategy, establish tone of voice, and create content for Deksia and Deksia’s clients.
- Editing and proofreading all copy for accuracy, grammar, and spelling.
Hear it from Jake, one of our past interns! 🥊
Culture check - How does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Obsessions. Are you contributing to the obsessions of your department?
Here are the current Copywriting department obsessions:
- Stay current and informed on copywriting trends
- Communicate regularly with project members
- Make archetype driven choices
- Utilize the strategist’s insight
Weekly Performance. Are you getting your work done?
- I maintain up-to-date records as it pertains to my department 📝
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me 📋
- I complete end-of-week surveys and log my time ⌛
- 3-month internship – With potential to grow into a full-time position!
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Part-time (15-20 hours per week) – Set a schedule that works best for you
- Unpaid internship – available for college credit
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.