Jobs - Internship
Web Development Internship – Fall 2021 (Sept 13 – Dec 10)
As a web development intern at Deksia, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience with multiple client web accounts in an agency setting. Daily tasks that you can expect include but are not limited to: updates to client websites, developing email templates and landing pages, as well as content management on websites and various marketing channels. You’ll be working in collaboration with members of Deksia’s leadership team to implement impactful web strategies for our clients. By the end of your internship at Deksia, you will have the skills required to build and deploy a complete website from scratch. Other areas that you can expect to gain valuable knowledge of include: SEO strategies and implementation, conversion rate optimization, UX / UI strategies, PPC advertising, and more.
In this role, you will find success if you obsess about:
Obsession 1 – Find efficiencies across projects
Obsession 2 – Adding abilities/leveling up skills
Obsession 3 – Increase dev. team’s value
Obsession 4 – Reliable product
- I support my community internally and externally.
- I strive to be my best.
- I make it fun.
- I complete projects assigned to me on time and in budget.
- I build websites that work when delivered to the client.
- I maintain up to date records as it pertains to my department.
- I effectively deploy the direction provided to me.
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me.
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position.
- I want it: I love to do my job.
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job.
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and share knowledge with team members, but also work independently when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Student working towards degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in PHP
- Familiar with Git Version Control
- Experience with WordPress and Shopify platforms
- Skilled in Adobe Suite
Level 1: Web Development Intern
Level 2: Web Developer Apprentice
Level 3: Web Developer
- 3month internship program
- Flexible work environment
- Part-time (20 hr per week)
- Unpaid internship, available for college credit
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Complete the assessment found here.