Web Development – Internship
As a web development intern at Deksia, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience with multiple client web accounts in an agency setting. Daily tasks that you can expect include but are not limited to: updates to client websites, developing email templates and landing pages, as well as content management on websites and various marketing channels. You’ll be working in collaboration with members of Deksia’s leadership team to implement impactful web strategies for our clients. By the end of your internship at Deksia, you will have the skills required to build and deploy a complete website from scratch. Other areas that you can expect to gain valuable knowledge of include: SEO strategies and implementation, conversion rate optimization, UX / UI strategies, PPC advertising, and more.
- I support my community internally and externally.
- I am honest and own my responsibilities.
- I strive to be my best.
- I promote an environment of fun.
- I complete projects assigned to me in a timely manner.
- I employ strong problem solving skills.
- I seek to increase my knowledge and understanding of web languages.
- I get it: I understand the inner workings of my position.
- I want it: The tasks and responsibilities asked of me are what I desire to do.
- I have capacity for it: I have the mental, physical and emotional ability to do my job.
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and share knowledge with team members, but also work independently when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Student working towards degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiar with Git Version Control
- Experience with WordPress and Shopify platforms
Level 1: Web Development Intern
Level 2: Web Developer Apprentice
Level 3: Web Developer
Level 4: Lead Web Developer
This is an unpaid internship
Flexible work environment
Grand Rapids, Michigan