From the Blog
Life at Deksia
Work isn’t always fun. There are a lot of reasons why you may be irritated at work. Despite your frustration, there are things you can do to alter your work environment that can improve your workday. Here are some things we do here at Deksia that might make your day just a little bit better.
1. Listen to music. Listening to music can lighten your mood and make tasks more enjoyable. Here at Deksia, we constantly have a Pandora station playing- with stations ranging from today’s hits to 80’s to electronic rock.
2. Don’t forget to eat lunch. Have you ever been so hungry you start getting angry about every little thing? We call that hangry- don’t let yourself get hangry! Bring a lunch (or at the bare minimum some snacks) to quench your hunger or treat yourself to lunch out once in a while. A favorite lunch spot of ours is Tacqueria San Jose. Better yet, make healthy choices in your food intake. Yes, McDonalds is easy and cheap, but you can do yourself some good by choosing a healthy alternative. Staying healthy in general will give you more energy, which could impact your performance at work.
3. Stay hydrated. This is pretty self-explanatory. Water increases your energy level and maintains normal body function. Here at Deksia, we have an impressive assortment of beverage options to choose from.
4. Keep your work area clutter-free and organized. Clutter can make your tasks more difficult, which can leave you frustrated and stressed. Instead, take some time and organize papers, folders, and other office supplies. This will cut down on time spent looking for a note or piece of paper and simplify assignments. Our office is organized with the use of bins, folders, and apps.
5. Once your area is organized, personalize your area with a few photos or small decorations. Photos of pets, family members, and/or significant others will bring positive energy into your workspace, rather than having a cold, cluttered, stressful work area. We have photos of pets and family members throughout the office.
We hope your Monday is going great so far and that these tips help to make it that much better!