From the Blog
Shifts in Marketing: The Value in Outsourced Marketing
In a recent survey by Adobe, 76% of marketers agreed that “marketing has changed more in the last two years than in the last 50.” It’s fair to say John Q Public could go along with that (though it kinda makes you wonder what rock the other 24% of “marketers” are living under). At any rate, the rules for marketing and branding are changing with every app and upgrade to devices.
Now ask yourself this – within your own organization, how have the marketing responsibilities changed in the last two years? Any re-defining of roles? Any re-structuring? Or have marketing responsibilities just shifted around or lumped onto existing personnel?
For that matter, have you noticed any changes in your company’s marketing strategy? What’s your engagement on your social media channels? Is your sales department in alignment with your marketing department’s latest campaign? How are your customer reviews and digital lead tracking being addressed?
If the previous line of questioning made you twinge a bit, don’t worry – you’re hardly alone. Panic and anxiety are quite often initial responses to contemplating the cost of catching up with all the “benefits” of technology.
But honestly, it’s not as bad as you think. A simple solution lies within the old adage, “Why reinvent the wheel?”, or more clearly – outsource more of your marketing.
Literally, books have been written on the economics of outsourcing, and we do it so often with so many other operations in business – legal, accounting, customer services, etc. It’s just as logical to utilize for today’s marketing landscape. For the sake of brevity, here are the top three reasons to outsource more of your marketing: cost, time, and experience.
– For the salary of one marketing executive, you could outsource a majority of your marketing objectives, without hiring and benefit costs. (What could you do with $120K+?)
– The productivity of those who are shouldering the marketing responsibilities goes up.
– No fixed overhead, manage costs as a variable expense.
– Quick response time. Resources are already in place – effective marketing depends on speed.
– No downtime and learning curve with training and cross-department chatter.
– Allows your team to focus on what they are good at.
– Best practice guarantee – you’re contracting experts in the marketing field.
– Up to date effectiveness – trends change quickly, outsourcing to industry professionals assures competitive relevance and effectiveness.
Deksia understands you’ve got a lot on your plate and that keeping current with your clients and competition is your focus. We’ll provide the hammer, you worry about swinging it!
Click here for more information on the benefits of outsourcing your marketing.