6 Steps to Creating Captivating Content for Organic Social Media
6 Steps to Creating Captivating Content for Organic Social Media
In the fast-paced world of digital marketing, creating and implementing a well-thought-out content strategy for your business's organic social media is crucial.
By following a strategic approach, you can engage your audience, drive brand awareness, and ultimately accomplish the goals your business has set out to achieve. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the key steps to identify and execute your winning content strategy.
1. Review Metrics Data, more than monthly
One of the most fundamental steps in crafting an organic content strategy is to review your monthly metrics data. This data includes key performance indicators (KPIs) such as engagement rates, follower growth, and click-through rates. It can be found in the back-end of your social media platforms (Meta, X, LinkedIn, etc.) or via social media management platforms like Hootsuite, Loomly, or Sprout Social. These valuable metrics will offer insights into your audience's preferences and how they respond to your content.
Pay close attention to positive and negative audience trends. Positive trends might include a steady increase in followers, higher engagement rates, and positive responses in comments. On the other hand, negative trends could be declining engagement or spikes in unfollows. Analyze what content types, topics, and posting times correlate with these trends, and use this data to inform your content strategy.
2. Objectively Consider your Audience's Wants, Needs, & Desires
Your audience is the be-all, end-all of your social media content strategy. To ensure your content resonates with them, it's essential to understand their wants, needs, and desires. This requires you to delve into:
- Audience Demographics: Who are your followers? What are their ages, genders, locations, and interests?
- Listening to Feedback: Monitor comments, messages, and reviews to gather direct feedback from your audience. Address their concerns and use positive feedback as a source of direction.
- Social Listening: Utilize social media listening tools to track conversations related to your industry and products. Understand what problems your audience is trying to solve, and how your brand can help.
- Surveys and Polls: Conduct surveys or polls on your social media platforms to gather valuable insights. Ask your audience about their preferences and what type of content they'd like to see.
By considering your audience's needs, you can create content that resonates with them and provides value.
3. Identify Internet & Social Trends
Staying relevant on social media means staying updated with internet and social trends. Trends can change rapidly, so knowing how to keep an eye on what's hot and what's not is essential. Here's how to do it:
- Social Media Trends: Follow industry-related social media accounts, subscribe to newsletters, and attend webinars to stay informed about the latest social media trends.
- Content Trends: Observe content and subject trends across various platforms, such as Instagram reels, TikTok challenges, or Google Trends. Adapt these trends to fit your brand's identity.
- Hashtags and Challenges: Participate in trending hashtags and challenges that are relevant to your industry. This can increase your content's visibility and reach.
Remember to balance these trends with your brand's identity and values. Don't inundate your feed with superfluous memes, and don’t follow a trend blindly if it doesn't align with your messaging.
4. Establish a Framework for Content Creation
When maintaining an active and engaged social media presence, consistency is key. To stay on top of a regular cadence and content strategy, you’ll want to develop a content creation framework that designates topics to post about throughout the week, seasons, or the annual year. This framework can include:
- Content Calendar: Create a calendar outlining what types of content you'll post, when, and on which platforms. It helps you maintain consistency and plan ahead.
- Content Pillars: Establish content pillars that align with your brand's values and expertise. These pillars can guide your content creation.
- Seasonal Themes: Plan content around seasons, holidays, or special events that are relevant to your business.
- Variety of Content: Diversify your content to keep your audience engaged. Incorporate a mix of text, images, videos, infographics, stories, and more.
Having a structured framework ensures you maintain a consistent and engaging social media presence.
5. more than Monitor Competitors, watch Similar (but different) Businesses
Observing your competitors and businesses with similar sales consideration cycles can provide valuable inspiration. Analyze their content strategies, and identify what works for them and what doesn't. Here's how to do it effectively:
- Industry Benchmarks: Look at businesses in your industry that are doing well on social media. Emulate strategies that align with your brand's goals.
- Competitive Analysis: Study the content of your direct competitors. Identify gaps in their strategy that you can fill with your content.
- Similar Consideration Cycles: Analyze businesses with sales consideration cycles similar to yours. Identify how they use social media at different stages of the sales funnel and adapt these strategies to your own.
Remember, the goal isn't to copy your competitors, but to learn from their successes and failures to create a unique and effective content strategy.
6. ai: power tools for creating content
In the age of advanced technology, AI tools can be your secret weapon for generating fresh content ideas. These tools can help you with:
- Content Generation: AI-powered content generators like ChatGPT can provide you with ideas for blog posts, social media captions, and more.
- Predictive Analytics: AI can predict which content types are likely to perform well based on historical data.
- Data Analysis: AI tools can analyze large datasets to identify trends and insights, helping you make data-driven decisions.
- Scheduling and Optimization: Use AI-based scheduling tools to post content at optimal times for maximum engagement.
By integrating AI tools into your strategy, you can streamline your content creation process and make data-driven decisions that lead to more successful social media campaigns.
Crafting an effective content strategy for organic social media success requires a multi-faceted approach. By reviewing metrics data, considering audience needs, staying on top of trends, creating a content framework, monitoring competitors, and utilizing AI tools, you can develop a strategy that keeps your audience engaged and helps you achieve your business goals.
If you’re collaborating on a team to develop a content strategy, remember to stay flexible and adaptable at all times. The social media landscape is ever-evolving. Anyone’s ideas are valid in pursuit of achieving digital marketing success, and you have to be ready to adjust your strategy as needed to stay ahead of the curve in this chaotic and creative environment.
If you’re looking for a partner in developing a robust content marketing strategy, book a free 30-minute consultation with Deksia today. We excel at providing businesses with marketing strategies designed to achieve measurable results, and we’d love to talk about a content strategy that will take your business’s presence to a new level, systematically.