NEXT AVAILABLE OPENING:
SUMMER 2024 (MAY 13 - AUG 9)
Future internship opportunities:
- Summer 2024 (May 13 - Aug 9)
- Fall 2024 (Sep 9 – Dec 13)
The content team curates your brand’s digital presence with organic growth in mind. They create engaging social posts, email newsletters, and blog posts. Following along with Deksia’s results-oriented mindset, reports are compiled and distributed monthly to each of our clients to show off their brand’s impact on their digital community.
In addition to having a good understanding of how social media works from a marketing perspective, content interns must be pros at combatting change. When a new algorithm strikes, as we all know it will, someone in this position is ready to work with the rest of the content team to pivot the game plan.
Content interns will report to a senior member of the content team. In addition to supporting social media accounts, duties include writing drafts for emails, blog posts, as well as pieces from social media campaigns. They may also be tasked with pulling numbers for reports and other data-gathering missions.
Need more incentive?
And hold titles like:
- Content Specialist
- Email Marketing Manager
- Social Media Specialist
- Content Creator
- Content Strategist
- Brand Ambassador
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Strong analytical / critical thinking skills 🧐 🙌
Since you’ll be helping our digital team report on client campaigns, it’s important that you enjoy reviewing the numbers and making sure campaigns are on track.
Time management & organizational skills 🕑 🗄
Although we do have a stellar project management team to back you up, your organization skills need to be on point in order to keep your clients (and team) on track.
Motivated to Learn 🚀 🧑🏫
We’ll introduce you to a handful of various digital marketing platforms that you’ll need to learn and execute tasks within. These are technical skills that will help launch your career forward.
Proficiency in Google Drive, Sheets & Docs 📑 👍
If you have a basic understanding of Google Drive, and know a handful of formulas in Google Sheets, and you’ll do just fine. The rest can be taught.
And most importantly…
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position 👍
- I want it: I love to do my job 🙌
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job 💪
Skills / experience that gets us excited
- Experience in content creation
- Experience using Mailchip or another email marketing platform
- Experience using Hootsuite, Sprout Social, or another social media scheduling platform
- Experience using a business Facebook account
- Marketing via TikTok experience
- Proofing and editing skills
- Blogging experience
- SEO Campaign familiarity
- Adobe Suite experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and/or XD)
- Familiarity with Google Workspace tools such as Drive, Gmail, Docs, and Sheets
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Trello, or another project management software
Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
What can I expect to learn?
You’ll beef up your resume with these in-demand skills. 💪
- Content creation for a variety of platforms including blogs, websites, and social media.
- Creation and management of content calendars.
- The value and execution of a consistent voice across all platforms.
- Best practices for blogging, email blasts, business social media accounts, and more!
Hear it from Nick, one of our past web interns! 🥊
Culture check - How does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Roles. When in doubt, everything the Content Marketing team does revolves around these 4 things:
- Growth & Innovation
- Provide Insights
- Create Value
Weekly Performance. Are you getting your work done?
- I maintain up-to-date records as it pertains to my department 📝
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me 📋
- I complete end-of-week surveys and log my time ⌛
- 3-month internship – With potential to grow into a full-time position!
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Part-time (15-20 hours per week) – Set a schedule that works best for you
- Unpaid internship – available for college credit
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Send your resume to email@example.com!
WE’RE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS