Project Management Internship
NEXT AVAILABLE OPENING:
Spring 2023 (Jan 9 – Apr 14)
Future internship opportunities:
- Summer 2023 (May 15 – Aug 11)
- Fall 2023 ( Sep 11 – Dec 8)
- Spring 2024 (Jan 8 – Apr 12)
Does organizing your closet sound like a solid use of a rainy afternoon? Do you constantly find yourself playing the role of “mediator” between different groups? Does the idea of directing work for a variety of clients excite you?
We are looking for someone who thrives on wearing multiple hats as you efficiently organize and delegate all of the moving parts of Deksia’s team to deliver outstanding results for our clients. Winning applicants will be forward-thinking players with a strong sense of community and a desire to succeed. If you’re reading this and thinking, “Hey, this sounds like me!,” you may be a great fit for a Project Management Internship.
Need more incentive?
This internship is ideal for those interested in pursuing careers such as:
- Project Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Team Coordinator
- Event Coordinator
- Operations Manager
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Organizational skills and attention to detail 🗄 ✨
The team is relying on project managers to keep everything in order, so your organization skills need to be on point in order to keep everyone on track.
Excellent Communication Skills 🗣️👂
You must be able to clearly articulate your message, not just verbally, but also in written and in nonverbal communication. Developing effective working relationships across the organization comes naturally because of this.
Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment 🏃 🤹
Jobs in this field require the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously as well as the ability to manage a project from start to completion to delivery.
Proficiency in Google Drive, Sheets & Docs 📑 👍
If you have a basic understanding of Google Drive, and know a handful of formulas in Google Sheets, and you’ll do just fine. The rest can be taught.
And most importantly…
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position 👍
- I want it: I love to do my job 🙌
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job 💪
Skills / experience that gets us excited
Do you have experience with any of the following? If so, let us know! 🤩
- Experience in marketing and/or have worked in a creative environment
- Experience leading teams, even in non-work settings such as board game sessions
- Adobe Suite experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and/or XD)
- Familiarity with Google Workspace tools such as Drive, Gmail, Docs, and Sheets
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Trello, or another project management software
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
What can I expect to learn?
You’ll beef up your resume with these in-demand skills. 💪
- Work side-by-side with our project manager on real-life marketing projects.
- Build onto your organization skills while perfecting operational systems and processes on a monthly basis.
- Learn how to keep an eye out for inefficiencies – and gain real-life experience in fixing them.
- Some data entry tasks, including inventory and surveys.
Hear it from Elizabeth, one of our past interns! 🥊
Culture check - How does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Roles. When in doubt, everything the Project Management team does revolves around these 4 things:
- System improvement & innovation
- Project efficiency
- Data-driven guidance
- Follow up & follow-through
Weekly Performance. Are you getting your work done?
- I maintain up-to-date records as it pertains to my department 📝
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me 📋
- I complete end-of-week surveys and log my time ⌛
- 3-month internship – With potential to grow into a full-time position!
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Part-time (15-20 hours per week) – Set a schedule that works best for you
- Unpaid internship – available for college credit
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.
WE’RE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS