Jobs - Internship
Design Internship – Fall 2021 (Sept. 13 – Dec. 10)
Deksia seeks a young professional to work closely with our creative team in our Urbandale, IA office. We’re looking for an eager and hard-working individual, who can assist our team with producing an award-winning caliber of material. Internship programs are tailored to fit the intern’s interests, so description and responsibilities of the position will vary from candidate to candidate.
In this role, you will find success if you obsess about:
Obsession 1 – Make archetype driven choices
Obsession 2 – Continuously reference published solutions
Obsession 3 – Make everything you touch better
Obsession 4 – Ask questions to fully understand projects
- I support my community internally and externally.
- I strive to be and do my best.
- I make it fun.
- I collaborate with the creative team to develop strategy, design elements, and create content for Deksia and Deksia’s clients.
- I create content based on the Creative Director’s direction to align with the brand and the strategy set forth for the client.
- I complete projects assigned to me on time and in budget.
- I effectively deploy the direction provided to me.
- I maintain up to date records as it pertains to my department.
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me.
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my job.
- I want it: I love to do my job.
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job.
- Minimum of 2+ years of study in a design or art-related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
Level 1: Design Intern
Level 2: Design Apprentice
Level 3: Designer
- 3 month internship program
- Flexible work environment
- Part time (20 hours per week)
- Unpaid internship, available for college credit