Jobs - Internship
Marketing Strategy Internship
NEXT AVAILABLE OPENING:
Spring 2023 (Jan 9 – Apr 14)
Future internship opportunities:
- Summer 2023 (May 15 – Aug 11)
- Fall 2023 (Sep 11 – Dec 8)
- Spring 2024 (Jan 8 – Apr 12)
Do you find yourself relating to characters such as Hermione Granger, Sherlock Holmes, or Lois Lane? Growing up, were you constantly questioning why and how things work? If this insatiable curiosity sounds like you, then let’s put those critical thinking skills to good use!
An ideal Marketing Strategy intern is a quick study who can pick up on business models, marketing strategies, and tactics with relative ease. They need to be a hard worker that can continuously meet clients’ goals and metrics during this 3-month internship.
Strategy interns will have opportunities to sit in on real client meetings with the Director of Strategy, as well as be tasked with additional research tasks. The information you gather will serve as an influential foundation for building branding, messaging, and marketing strategies and executing tactics for our clients. Deksia’s internship positions are ultimately tailored to fit the intern’s interests, so the description and responsibilities of the position will vary from candidate to candidate.
Need more incentive?
And hold titles like:
- Brand Ambassador
- Research Consultant
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Public Relations Specialist
- Marketing Insight Director
- User Acquisition Manager
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Excellent communication skills 🗣️👂
You must be able to clearly articulate your message, not just verbally, but also in written and in nonverbal communication.
Strong analytical & note-taking skills 🧐📓
One of the most important steps in brand strategy is research. If you don’t have a natural hunger for knowledge, burnout may be inevitable.
Problem-solving and critical thinking skills 🕵️💡
You must be able to resolve issues quickly and effectively – the resources used to crack each case are up to you.
Proficiency in Google Drive, Sheets & Docs 📑👍
If you have a basic understanding of Google Drive, and know a handful of formulas in Google Sheets, and you’ll do just fine. The rest can be taught.
And most importantly…
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position 👍
- I want it: I love to do my job 🙌
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job 💪
Skills/experience that gets us excited
Do you have experience with any of the following? If so, let us know! 🤩
- A degree, background, and/or interest in journalism
- Experience using brand archetypes
- Background/experience in psychology
- Adobe Suite experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and/or XD)
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Monday, Trello, or another project management software
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
What can I expect to learn?
You’ll beef up your resume with these in-demand skills. 💪
- I understand the data I gather and ensure that it is accurate before sharing with team members.
- I complete projects assigned to me on time and in budget.
- I effectively deploy the direction provided to me.
- I maintain up-to-date records as it pertains to my department.
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me.
Hear it from Elizabeth, one of our past strategy interns! 🥊
Culture check - How does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Roles. When in doubt, everything the Brand Strategy team does revolves around these 4 things:
- Create value
- Manage expectations
- Communicate strategy
Weekly Performance. Are you getting your work done?
- I maintain up-to-date records as it pertains to my department 📝
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me 📋
- I complete end-of-week surveys and log my time ⌛
- 3-month internship – With potential to grow into a full-time position!
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Part-time (15-20 hours per week) – Set a schedule that works best for you
- Unpaid internship – available for college credit
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.