Jobs - Internship
Business Development / Sales Internship
NEXT AVAILABLE OPENING:
Spring 2023 (Jan 9 – Apr 14)
Future internship opportunities:
- Summer 2023 (May 15 – Aug 11)
- Fall 2022 (Sep 11 – Dec 8)
- Spring 2024 (Jan 8 – Apr 12)
Are you a social butterfly who makes connections everywhere you go? Do you enjoy taking risks with high payoffs? How does the opportunity to work alongside a high-energy sales team at a real marketing agency sound? If this sounds like your cup of tea, read on! You may be a great fit for our Business Development Internship.
In this internship, you will work closely with one of our Business Development Managers as they carry out their everyday duties such as placing cold calls, sifting through leads, and meeting with clients.
Need more incentive?
And hold titles such as:
- Business Development Manager
- Outbound Sales Specialist
- Inside Sales Specialist
- Sales Engineer
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Excellent communication skills 🗣️👂
You must be able to clearly articulate your message, not just verbally, but also in written and nonverbal communication.
Natural extroversion & interpersonal skills 🙋🤝
Sales is all about making connections, so it’s only natural for someone in this internship to already be well on their way to building an extensive network of contacts.
Problem-solving and critical thinking skills 🕵️💡
You must be able to resolve issues quickly and effectively – the resources used to crack each case are up to you.
Sharp personal image 👔👗
You dress to impress because first (and second, and third…) impressions are everything. Even if it’s just from the waist up in this virtual age!
And most importantly…
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position 👍
- I want it: I love to do my job 🙌
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job 💪
Skills / experience that gets us excited
Do you have experience with any of the following? If so, let us know! 🤩
- Experience in a sales-based position
- Experiencing working with Hubspot or another lead-generation tool
- Familiarity with Google Workspace tools such as Drive, Gmail, Docs, and Sheets
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Trello, or another project management software
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
What can I expect to learn?
You’ll beef up your resume with these in-demand skills. 💪
- Sit in on client meetings and work alongside one of our Business Development Managers
- Learn how to upsell additional services to clients (that they actually need!)
- Polish communication skills and build good response habits
Hear it from Jake, one of our past interns! 🥊
Culture check - How does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Roles. When in doubt, everything the Sales team does revolves around these 4 things:
- Move the needle today
- Sell AMPs first
- Be an advocate for the client
- Master the Deksia sales process
Weekly Performance. Are you getting your work done?
- I maintain up-to-date records as it pertains to my department 📝
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me 📋
- I complete end-of-week surveys and log my time ⌛
- 3-month internship – With potential to grow into a full-time position!
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Part-time (15-20 hours per week) – Set a schedule that works best for you
- Unpaid internship – available for college credit
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.