Jobs - Internship
Videography Internship – Spring 2021 (Jan 11 – April 16)
As a video intern at Deksia, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our Director of Photography and gain valuable experience in working on photo and video shoots, pre- and post-production work, and strategy for Deksia and its clients. We seek a young professional in the photo or video production world who is eager to learn and work hard to meet our clients’ goals and metrics during this 3 month internship. Internship programs are tailored to fit the intern’s interests, so description and responsibilities of the position will vary from candidate to candidate.
- I support my community internally and externally.
- I strive to be and do my best.
- I make it fun.
- I complete projects assigned to me on time and in budget.
- I produce media that delivers on projects’ quality and messaging goals.
- I maintain up to date records as it pertains to my department.
- I effectively deploy the direction provided to me.
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me.
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my job.
- I want it: I love to do my job.
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job.
- Minimum of 2+ years of study in a photography or videography-related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Time management and organizational skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate and share knowledge with team members, but also work independently when required
- Student working toward a degree in Photography or Videography
- Experience at a marketing agency
- Brand concepts and strategies
Growth Path with Deksia
- Level 1: Video Intern
- Level 2: Photo & Video Apprentice
- Level 3: Photo & Video
- Level 4: Director of Photography
- 3 month internship program
- Flexible work environment
- Part time (20 hours per week)
- Unpaid internship
- Grand Rapids, MI