Jobs - Internship
Photo + Video Internship – Spring 2022 (Jan 10 – Apr 15)
As a photo + video intern at Deksia, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our Director of Photo + Video and gain valuable experience in working on photo and video shoots, pre- and post-production work, and strategy for Deksia and its clients. We seek a young professional in the photo or video production world who is eager to learn and work hard to meet our clients’ goals and metrics during this 3-month internship. Internship programs are tailored to fit the intern’s interests, so the description and responsibilities of the position will vary from candidate to candidate.
In this role, you will find success if you obsess about:
Obsession 1 – Expand department capabilities
Obsession 2 – Department efficiency
Obsession 3 – Collaboration
Obsession 4 – Educate to sell
- I support my community internally and externally.
- I strive to be and do my best.
- I make it fun.
- I complete projects assigned to me on time and within budget.
- I produce media that delivers on projects’ quality and messaging goals.
- I maintain up to date records as it pertains to my department.
- I effectively deploy the direction provided to me.
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me.
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my job.
- I want it: I love to do my job.
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job.
- Minimum of 2+ years of study in a photography or videography-related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Time management and organizational skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate and share knowledge with team members, but also work independently when required
- Student working toward a degree in Photography or Videography
- Experience at a marketing agency
- Brand concepts and strategies
Growth Path with Deksia
- Level 1: Video Intern
- Level 2: Photo + Video Apprentice
- Level 3: Photo + Videographer
- 3-month internship program
- Flexible work environment
- Part-time (20 hours per week)
- Unpaid internship, available for college credit
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Complete the assessment found here.