Jobs - Internship
Web Development Internship
NEXT AVAILABLE OPENING:
Fall 2022 ( Sep 12 – Dec 9)
Future internship opportunities:
- Spring 2023 (Jan 9 – Apr 14)
- Summer 2023 (May 15 – Aug 11)
- Fall 2023 ( Sep 11 – Dec 8)
Deksia is looking for an intuitive individual pursuing a career in a web-based field.
As a web development intern at Deksia, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience with multiple client web accounts in an agency setting. Daily tasks that you can expect include but are not limited to: updates to client websites, developing email templates and landing pages, as well as content management on websites and various marketing channels.
You’ll be working in collaboration with members of Deksia’s leadership team to implement impactful web strategies for our clients.
Need more incentive?
And hold titles like:
- Web Programmer
- Web Developer
- Web Designer
- Front-end Developer
- WordPress Developer
- Multimedia Specialist
- Web Content Manager
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Coding & Web Building Experience 🌐🏗️
Creative Problem Solving 💡🧩
Web development isn’t 100% analytical. You need to be ready to think outside the box in this ever-changing digital world.
Ability to work alone and in group settings 👤👥
Although some web work will require periods of deep concentration, ideal candidates need to also be team players who can easily switch to collaboration mode.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills ✏️🗣️
Effective communication is key to understanding the clients’ needs, as well as reducing the likelihood of errors, confusion, and missed deadlines.
And most importantly…
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position 👍
- I want it: I love to do my job 🙌
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job 💪
Skills / experience that gets us excited
Do you have experience with any of the following? If so, let us know! 🤩
- Student working towards degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in PHP
- Familiar with Git Version Control
- Experience with WordPress and Shopify platforms
- Adobe Suite experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and/or XD)
- Experience with testing/debugging tools
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Monday, Trello, or another project management software
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
What can I expect to learn?
You’ll beef up your resume with these in-demand skills. 💪
- How to build functioning websites, landing pages, web applications, and email templates
- Build knowledge on programming languages such as HTML, CSS, Java
- Best practices for web content management
- Opportunities to explore SEO strategies & implementation, conversion rate optimization, and PPC advertising
- Potentially explore UI/UX strategies
Hear it from Taeyong, one of our past web interns! 🥊
Culture check - How does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Obsessions. Are you contributing to the obsessions of your department?
Here are the current Interactive/ Web department obsessions:
- Find efficiencies across projects
- Adding abilities/leveling up skills
- Increase dev. team’s value
- Reliable product
Weekly Performance. Are you getting your work done?
- I maintain up-to-date records as it pertains to my department 📝
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me 📋
- I complete end-of-week surveys and log my time ⌛
- 3-month internship – With potential to grow into a full-time position!
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Part-time (15-20 hours per week) – Set a schedule that works best for you
- Unpaid internship – available for college credit
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.