Account Manager Internship
NEXT AVAILABLE OPENING:
Spring 2023 (Jan 9 – Apr 14)
Future internship opportunities:
- Summer 2023 (May 15 – Aug 11)
- Fall 2023 (Sep 11 – Dec 8)
- Spring 2024 (Jan 8 – Apr 12)
Are you motivated to meet deadlines and live by your calendar or planner? Can you explain and coach people to meet their goals? If this sounds like you, you might be a good fit for an Account Management Internship!
As the main liaison between client and internal teams, account managers play a critical role in the Deksia process. They are naturally inquisitive and use the intel gathered in client interactions, industry research, and past experience to become expert advocates for their clients. Account managers are also expected to work closely with the project management team to make sure tasks are assigned and promised work is completed.
In this internship, you will work closely with one of our account managers as they carry out their everyday duties such as meeting with clients and relaying updates to the team.
Need more incentive?
And hold titles such as:
- Event Manager
- Customer Advocate
- Business Development Relations Manager
- Sales Manager
- Account Executive
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Excellent Communication Skills 🗣️👂
You must be able to clearly articulate your message, not just verbally, but also in written and nonverbal communication.
Organizational skills and attention to detail 🗄 ✨
Although we do have a stellar project management team to back you up, your organization skills need to be on point in order to keep your clients (and team) on track.
Problem-solving and critical thinking skills 🕵️ 💡
You must be able to resolve issues quickly and effectively – the resources used to crack each case are up to you.
Sharp personal image 👔 👗
You dress to impress because first (and second, and third…) impressions are everything. Even if it’s just from the waist up in this virtual age!
And most importantly…
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position 👍
- I want it: I love to do my job 🙌
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job 💪
Skills / experience that gets us excited
Do you have experience with any of the following? If so, let us know! 🤩
- Adobe Suite experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and/or XD)
- Familiarity with Google Workspace tools such as Drive, Gmail, Docs, and Sheets
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Trello, or another project management software
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
What can I expect to learn?
You’ll beef up your resume with these in-demand skills. 💪
- Sit in on client meetings and work alongside one of our account managers
- Gain hands-on experience with managing clients’ projects efficiently
- Learn how to upsell additional services to clients (that they actually need!)
- Polish communication skills and build good response habits
Hear it from Elizabeth, one of our past interns! 🥊
Culture check - How does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Roles. When in doubt, everything the Account Management team does revolves around these 4 things:
- Manage expectations
- Follow up & follow-through
- Do it better
Weekly Performance. Are you getting your work done?
- I maintain up-to-date records as it pertains to my department 📝
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me 📋
- I complete end-of-week surveys and log my time ⌛
- 3-month internship – With potential to grow into a full-time position!
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Part-time (15-20 hours per week) – Set a schedule that works best for you
- Unpaid internship – available for college credit
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.
WE’RE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS