Grand Rapids / Indianapolis
Director of Interactive & Web Development
We are looking for a skilled web developer to join our web team. Deksia is a full-service agency, so developers will also work closely with other departments such as our copywriting, video + photo, and digital strategy.
This role is responsible for building out websites and landing pages that align with client goals that are both functional and attractive. Web builds will look different from project to project. WordPress oftentimes serves as a foundation, but sometimes Shopify and other platforms are used, too.
The Director of Interactive is responsible for directing the rest of Deksia’s Interactive/ Web team, which contains team members in both Grand Rapids, MI and Indianapolis, IN. They are held accountable for the success of the team and must be willing to provide extra tools when necessary to assist direct reports to continue to grow.
Main responsibilities for this role
- Build and optimize secure websites
- Code web applications
- Test products & code
- Provide clients with web support
- Perform preliminary and routine audits & make suggestions
- Manage, maintain, and update databases as needed
- Assist in project scope & budget estimation
- Working with the sales team to educate potential & existing clients on Deksia’s web products/services
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Coding & web building experience 🌐 🏗️
Creative problem-solving 💡 🧩
Web development isn’t 100% analytical. You need to be ready to think outside the box in this ever-changing digital world.
Ability to work alone and in group settings 👤 👥
Although some web work will require periods of deep concentration, ideal candidates need to also be team players who can easily switch to collaboration mode.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills ✏️ 🗣️
Effective communication is key to understanding the clients’ needs, as well as reducing the likelihood of errors, confusion, and missed deadlines.
Skills / experience that we’d love to see, but can be learned
Do you have experience with any of the following? If so, let us know! 🤩
- Experience with PHP
- Familiar with Git Version Control
- Experience with WordPress and Shopify platforms
- Experience with Hubspot integrations
- Frontend/ web design experience
- Experience in application design
- Adobe Suite experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and/or XD)
- Experience with testing/debugging tools
- Experience working in an agency setting
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Monday, Trello, or another project management software
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
Culture check - how does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager and direct reports to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Roles. When in doubt, everything the Interactive/ Web team does revolves around these 4 things:
- Find efficiencies across projects
- Adding abilities/leveling up skills
- Increase dev. team’s value
- Reliable product
Compensation & benefits
- $55,000 – $90,000 opportunity for quarterly performance bonuses
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Get your job done / unlimited PTO mentality – As long as you plan ahead, communicate with the team, you’re free to take all the time you need! (within reason, of course)
- Retirement Savings Program
- Insurance Benefits – Medical, dental, life, and more offered!
- Parental Leave – Ask for details
- Technology provided or stipend – likely to be provided, depending on your role
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here to join our waitlist.
WE’RE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS