Reports to: Senior Copywriter
Deksia is where a copywriter with 1-3 years of experience can grow as fast as their talent and drive allow. We work with different clients in different industries, growing fast, so this is a fast-paced environment. This growth creates lots of opportunities. Here, writing copy is fun and engaging, a constantly evolving challenge.
Like most agencies, we have deadlines, drive projects with creative briefs, and collaborate. Working with great people is a critical part of our culture. This is where a copywriter can actively understand and translate copy into the client’s brand with constructive criticism going both ways (we all want to get better, so let’s talk and fix it).
Deksia is a fantastic place for writers to craft clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice, level up on their proofreading, and collaborate with passionate, talented people. If this sounds fun to you, you should apply today!
Roles / What you’ll be held accountable for:
- Clear, effective archetype-aligned copy
- Departmental capacity expansion
- Continued growth in skillset & efficiency
- Follow up & follow through
Who You Are / Competencies:
- 1-3 years experience
- Consistently translates briefs into project requirements
- Actively seeks to understand & translate the client's brand into copy
- Writes clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Actively improving proofreading skills
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to research using multiple sources
- Ability to receive & apply constructive criticism
- Consistently meets deadlines
- Actively seeking effective time & resource management
- Ability to manage, archive, & secure digital assets
Why You’ll Love Working @ Deksia:
- $34,000 - $46,000 – Annual salary, dependent on experience
- Get your job done / unlimited PTO mentality – As long as you plan ahead and communicate with the team, take the time you need
- Retirement Savings Program
- Insurance Benefits – Medical, dental, life, and more offered!
- Parental Leave – Ask for details
- Technology or stipend – likely to be provided, depending on your role
- Quarterly in-person events to work on the business & bond with teammates
APPLY BY SENDING YOUR RESUME TO HR@DEKSIA.COM.
Deksia is an equal employment opportunity provider. Any qualified candidate is welcome to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WE’RE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
We’re proud to be steadily growing, and we’re regularly seeking skilled and motivated marketing professionals. We’re interested in meeting you! Choose the opportunity that interests you.
The positions listed below may be currently filled, but Deksia is always looking to expand its team of rockstars.
Instead of waiting around for your dream position to open up, be bold. Make the first move. We triple-dog-dare you to swipe right and fill out that application.
If the feelings are mutual, a member of the HR team will reach out to discuss you joining Deksia’s Bench of Rockstars. In addition to bragging rights and a cool title, this elite squad is also the first to know about potential job openings at Deksia before anyone else. Those who are extra compatible may even be offered a position before it ever makes it off this list.
Apply for any of these positions to be first in line when a job opens!
In nearly every case, our apprentices have completed their internship at Deksia, distinguished themselves, and shown the ability to make strong contributions in an area of need.
Apprenticeships are full-time paid positions and structured to give you hands-on-training with progressively expanding responsibility for the eight months of employment with us. Regular reviews keep you on track and as your apprenticeship ends, you either receive an offer of full-time, permanent employment with us or our help in finding your next position.
- Full-time, 40-hours per week
- Four months at Apprenticeship I
- Four months at Apprenticeship II
Internships at Deksia provide a fast-paced introduction to what life is like in a nimble marketing agency. You will gain exposure to real clients, learn the ropes, apply your skills, and receive hands-on mentorship from experienced professionals.
While the work and the experience are real, we take seriously the part that we’re able to play in our interns’ education and development. We take pride in the frequent comments from interns that they learned more in three months at Deksia than they did in four years of college.
- 20-hours per week
- Three months