NEXT AVAILABLE OPENING:
Spring 2023 (Jan 9 – Apr 14)
Future internship opportunities:
- Summer 2023 (May 15 – Aug 11)
- Fall 2023 ( Sep 11 – Dec 8)
- Spring 2024 ( Jan 8 – Apr 12)
If marketing is your passion, you have come to the right place! We are looking for an agile marketer who is ready to make connections and assist in maintaining Deksia’s media presence.
Ideal candidates are excellent communicators who are willing to try on multiple hats. Projects may range from pitching press releases, to writing email newsletters, to even hosting webinars!
They must also have a knack for managing multiple projects at once, as well as the focus to follow through. Interns working under the CMO will have opportunities to work on campaigns start to finish – from researching the latest trends to strategy execution. They will even be able to see how campaigns are doing in real-time thanks to SEO optimization and various tracking tools.
Interns in this position report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, who resides in Portland, Oregon. You must be able to work out of this office in order to be considered for the CMO internship position. You must also be able to work independently while the CMO travels for speaking engagements.
Need more incentive?
This internship is ideal for those interested in pursuing careers such as:
- General marketing – from coordinator to CMO
- Digital marketing
- Public relations
- Brand management
- Analytics and measurement
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Strong analytical / critical thinking skills 🧐 🙌
Since you’ll be helping the CMO report on marketing campaigns, it’s important that you enjoy reviewing the numbers and making sure campaigns are on track.
Natural extroversion & interpersonal skills 🙋 🤝
Marketing is all about making connections, so it’s only natural for someone in this internship to already be well on their way to building an extensive network of contacts.
Excellent communication skills 🗣️ 👂
You must be able to clearly articulate your message, not just verbally, but also in written and nonverbal communication.
Proficiency in Google Drive, Sheets & Docs 📄 👍
If you have a basic understanding of Google Drive, and know a handful of formulas in Google Sheets, and you’ll do just fine. The rest can be taught.
And most importantly…
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position 👍
- I want it: I love to do my job 🙌
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job 💪
Skills / experience that gets us excited
- Experience using Mailchimp or another email marketing platform
- Experience using Hubspot
- Experience in content creation and using social media from a business perspective
- Proofing and editing skills
- SEO campaign familiarity
- Adobe Suite experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and/or XD)
- Familiarity with Google Workspace tools such as Drive, Gmail, Docs, and Sheets
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Trello, or another project management software
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
What can I expect to learn?
You’ll have opportunities to explore the following marketing activities:
- Social media – managing accounts, posting original content, sharing webcasts
- Additional content support – creation of original social media content and blogging
- PR efforts & process – identifying and managing press pitches, speaking opportunities and award submission, press release distribution
- Email marketing programs – weekly industry updates, monthly newsletters, and more
- Monthly lunch & learn webinars – logistics, promotions, posting final assets, etc.
- Search engine optimization – including link development, copywriting and on-page optimization
- Client assets – soliciting and syndicating reviews, testimonials and case studies
- Reporting – monthly (HubSpot) reporting for collective internal marketing efforts
Hear it from Nick, one of our past web interns! 🥊
Culture check - How does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Weekly Performance. Are you getting your work done?
- I maintain up-to-date records as it pertains to my department 📝
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me 📋
- I complete end-of-week surveys and log my time ⌛
- 3-month internship – With potential to grow into a full-time position!
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Part-time (15-20 hours per week) – Set a schedule that works best for you
- Unpaid internship – available for college credit
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.
WE’RE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS