Jobs - Full-Time
A copywriter is a vital member of the creative team at Deksia. Tasked with creating content for a brand, our copywriters are skilled in strategy creation, creative writing, as well as technical writing, editing, and proofing. We are looking for a full time copywriter to work alongside our creative team in our Urbandale, Iowa office. You will be tasked with generating content for new and existing clients, writing clear and concise copy for campaigns, and proofreading and editing all material that Deksia produces. Your words will bring brands to life, while informing and engaging target audiences.
- I support my community internally and externally.
- I strive to be and do my best.
- I make it fun.
- I complete projects assigned to me on time and in budget.
- I write copy based on the Creative Director’s direction to align with the brand and the strategy set forth for the client.
- I collaborate with the creative team to develop strategy, establish tone of voice, and create content for Deksia and Deksia’s clients.
- I maintain up to date records as it pertains to my department.
- I edit and proofread all copy for accuracy, grammar, and spelling.
- I effectively deploy the direction provided to me.
- I provide an executive summary quarterly: how to improve our copywriting efforts.
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position.
- I want it: I love to do my job.
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job.
- Proven experience as a copywriter
- Proficiency in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
Wish list Skills
- Degree or pursuit of a degree in English, journalism, or a related field
- Strong research skills
- Experience with writing in email marketing, SEO, and other online advertising platforms
- Teamwork PM (Software)
- Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop)
Growth Path with Deksia
- Level 1: Copywriting Intern
- Level 2: Copywriting Apprentice
- Level 3: Copywriter or Copywriter Coordinator
- Flexible work environment
- Get your job done / unlimited PTO mentality
- Full time salary position
- Salary: $26,000 – $40,000
- Urbandale, Iowa