Jobs - Full-Time
Your words will bring brands to life while informing and engaging target audiences.
A copywriter is a vital member of the creative team at Deksia. Tasked with creating content for a brand, our copywriters are skilled in strategy creation, creative writing, as well as technical writing, editing, and proofing.
Sometimes written content comes out of other departments. That means it’s up to the copywriters to serve as a last line of defense for all material that Deksia produces.
Main responsibilities for this role
- Write persuasive copy for a variety of target audiences
- Proofreading & editing
- Write content for both print and web campaigns
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Ability to work alone and in group settings 👤👥
While most writing is typically completed solo, ideal candidates need to be able to easily switch to collaboration mode when necessary.
Excellent grammar and punctuation 🖋️🔎
Whether writing or proofreading, ideal candidates need to know English like…well, you know.
Time management & organizational skills 🕑🗄
Although we do have a stellar project management team to back you up, your organization skills still need to be on point in order to keep your projects on track.
Strong research /note-taking skills 🧐📓
Our team serves a variety of industries, each requiring a unique approach for their specific audience.
Skills/experience that we’d love to see, but can be learned
- Marketing and brand development experience
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Monday, Trello, or another project management software
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
Culture check - how does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Roles. When in doubt, everything the Copywriting department does revolves around these 4 things:
- Stay current and informed on copywriting trends
- Communicate regularly with project members
- Make archetype-driven choices
- Utilize the strategist’s insight
Compensation & benefits
- $32,000 – $40,000
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Get your job done / unlimited PTO mentality – As long as you plan ahead, communicate with the team, you’re free to take all the time you need! (within reason, of course)
- Retirement Savings Program
- Insurance Benefits – Medical, dental, life, and more offered!
- Parental Leave – Ask for details
- Technology or stipend – likely to be provided, depending on your role
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.