Jobs - Full-Time
Director of Accounts
If you are a passionate, solutions-driven leader with a few years of experience in a customer service or sales-related field, this may be the position for you!
As the main liaison between client and internal teams, account managers play a critical role in the Deksia process. And despite the tendency to be “all-knowing,” account managers aren’t working alone. Deksia also has dedicated Sales and Project Management teams so account managers can focus on what matters most: client satisfaction.
Maintaining detailed knowledge of our products and offerings is also crucial for this position. This allows account managers to maintain healthy expectations within the scope of a project, as well as recognize opportunities for additional collaboration.
The Director of Accounts is responsible for directing the rest of Deksia’s Account Management team, which is based out of Grand Rapids, MI. They are held accountable for the success of the team and must be willing to provide extra tools when necessary to assist direct reports to continue to grow.
Main responsibilities for this role
- I manage client accounts from a variety of industries.
- I am able to multi-task, stay organized, and delegate when necessary.
- I respond to my clients within 24 hours of receiving dialogue or a request.
- I meet with my clients monthly and work with them on a current plan.
- I review Deksia’s work before passing it on to clients.
- I look for potential referrals or added services from existing clients.
- I manage my clients’ expectations.
- I oversee the financials and members of the Account Management department.
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Previous experience 💼📈
As the department head, you will be the one calling the shots for your team, almost as if it were its own sub-business. This makes leadership experience a must for this position.
Excellent communication skills 🗣️👂
You must be able to clearly articulate your message, not just verbally, but also in written and in nonverbal communication.
Organizational skills and attention to detail 🗄✨
Although we do have a stellar project management team to back you up, your organization skills need to be on point in order to keep your clients (and team) on track.
Problem-solving and critical thinking skills 🕵️💡
You must be able to resolve issues quickly and effectively – the resources used to crack each case are up to you.
Sharp personal image 👔👗
You dress to impress because first (and second, and third…) impressions are everything. Even if it’s just from the waist up in this virtual age!
Skills / experience that we’d love to see, but can be learned
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Monday, Trello, or another project management software
- Strong motivational and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- Experience managing a team in the customer service-based industry such as account management, client relations, project management, inside sales
Culture check - how does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll connect with your manager and direct reports to discuss the following:
GWC. Are you still in a healthy headspace?
- I get it: I understand the inner workings, systems, and responsibilities of my position. 👍
- I want it: I love to do my job. 🙌
- I have the capacity for it: I have the mental, physical, and emotional ability to do my job. 💪
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally. 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best. 😤
- I make it fun. 🥳
Department Obsessions. Are you contributing to the obsessions of your department?
As the leader of our Account Management team, every decision you make naturally revolves around these 4 things:
- Manage Expectations
- Follow Up & Follow Through
- Do It Better
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Get your job done / unlimited PTO mentality – As long as you plan ahead, communicate with the team, you’re free to take all the time you need! (within reason, of course)
- Parental leave
- Retirement savings program
- Insurance benefits – Medical, dental, life, and more offered!
- Technology or stipend – tech likely to be provided, depending on your role
Where is Deksia located?
Our Account Management team is based out of our Grand Rapids, MI office.
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.