Jobs - Full-Time
Are you a designer looking for a place to grow amongst other creative minds?
Deksia is looking for a talented graphic designer to work alongside our creative team in Urbandale, IA. We need a hard-working individual who can breathe life into concepts provided by the strategy team.
From brand concepts to website layouts to tradeshow booths, you will be part of a team creating award-winning caliber materials daily. Other projects may include social media ads, apparel, brochures, and other pieces of printed collateral.
As a designer, you must also be able to take direction from multiple sources and find creative solutions that look good, function as intended, and most importantly, make clients happy. Many times this direction will come from the leader of Deksia’s design department, the Art Director or Creative Director.
Main responsibilities for this role
- Create visual assets
- Adjust concepts based on feedback
- Ensure brand consistency for a variety of clients
- Experience with building brands and strategies, logo design & website design
- Complete projects assigned to me on time and on budget
- Effectively deploy the direction provided to me
- Maintain up-to-date records as it pertains to my department
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Experience working in the design field 🎨🤩
Minimum of 2+ years of study in a design or art-related field and/or a previous internship or apprenticeship in the design field.
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite 🛠️👍
Adobe Suite experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and/or XD)
Problem-solving & critical thinking skills 🕵️💡
You must be able to resolve issues quickly and effectively — especially when feedback is coming from multiple sources.
Time management & organizational skills 🕑🗄
Although we do have a stellar project management team to back you up, your organization skills still need to be on point in order to keep your clients (and team) on track.
Team player 🤜 🤛
I collaborate with the creative team to develop strategy, design elements, and create content for Deksia and Deksia’s clients.
Skills / experience that we’d love to see
Do you have experience with any of the following? If so, let us know! 🤩
- Marketing and brand development experience
- Advertising agency experience
- Web development experience, including HTML and CSS
- User interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design
- Experience creating animations or motion graphics
- Experience using Teamwork, Asana, Monday, Trello, or another project management software
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
Culture check - how does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Obsessions. Are you contributing to the obsessions of your department?
Here are the current Design department obsessions:
- Make archetype driven choices
- Continuously reference published solutions
- Make everything you touch better
- Ask questions to fully understand projects
Weekly Performance. Are you getting your work done?
- I maintain up-to-date records as it pertains to my department 📝
- I carry out daily and weekly tasks as assigned to me 📋
- I complete end-of-week surveys and log my time ⌛
Compensation & benefits
- $32,000 – $40,000
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Get your job done / unlimited PTO mentality – As long as you plan ahead, communicate with the team, you’re free to take all the time you need! (within reason, of course)
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Savings Program
- Insurance Benefits – Medical, dental, life, and more offered!
- Technology or stipend – likely to be provided, depending on your role
Where is Deksia located?
How do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.