Jobs - Full-Time
HR Specialist (part-time)
Pay no attention to the (wo)man behind the curtain…
As a strategic agency, Deksia’s passion is helping small to medium-sized businesses succeed. Our clients, however, are not the only ones in need of support. That’s why Deksia is looking for a part-time (20 hours/week) Human Resources Specialist to work with our Chief of Staff to support these three values: supporting our community internally and externally, striving to be and do our best, and making it fun at Deksia.
As an HR Specialist, you will be supporting the team from behind the scenes. Duties can range from posting and searching for new Rockstar Talent, organizing monthly team-building events, booking hotels and dining for Quarterly get-togethers, and working directly with team members to answer questions or resolve conflicts.
A friendly disposition with the ability to get along with just about anyone is crucial for success in this role. You will also become well versed in Deksia’s policies and procedures, as well as gain knowledge of legal requirements for hiring, benefits, and more. (That can be a lot to remember, so mad Googling skills are equally acceptable).
Main responsibilities for this role
- Recruiting staff – from seasonal interns to full-time team members
- Onboarding & orientation for new team members members
- Assist the Chief-of-Staff in maintaining employee records, including benefits
- Plan, develop, and implement monthly team events and quarterly company-wide events
Skills or character traits we want to see in you
Proven success in recruiting & retention 💼🚀
Having an eye for the right candidate and efficiently & effectively vetting employees will lead you to success in this role.
Strong communication skills 💬👂
Listening to needs and relaying information in ways that everyone can understand makes up the bulk of this role.
Organizational skills and attention to detail 🗄✨
A natural knack for prioritizing is also a must!
Personable & a team player 😊⛹️
As an advocate for your team, it’s important to be able to get along with everyone. Having a naturally extroverted personality may prove beneficial!
Decision-making skills 🤷✅
Answering questions of all sorts makes up a huge portion of this position’s day-to-day, so you must be able to think on your feet.
Skills / experience that we’d love to see, but can be learned
Do you have experience with any of the following? If so, let us know! 🤩
- Experience running campaigns & proactive outreach in Indeed, LinkedIn, Zip Recruiter, Monster, or other hiring platforms
- Proficiency using apps within Google Workspace such as Drive, Sheets & Docs
- Experience working in Rippling or another HRIS
- Experience working in and/or implementing Lattice
Culture check - how does Deksia measure success?
Every 30 days you’ll speak to your manager to discuss the following:
Core Values. Are you living up to our Core Values?
- I support my community internally and externally 🤗
- I strive to be and do my best 😤
- I make it fun 🥳
Department Obsessions. When in doubt, everything the Human Resources team does revolves around these 4 things:
- Finding Rockstar Talent
- Maintaining World-Class Facilities & IT
- Hosting Fantastic Events
- Organized to Scale
Compensation & benefits
- $20,000-25,000 – Part-time (20 hours/week) role with potential to turn into a full-time role
- Flexible work environment – Deksia proudly functions on an office/ work-from-home hybrid
- Get your job done / unlimited PTO mentality – As long as you plan ahead, communicate with the team, you’re free to take the time you need
- Technology or stipend – likely to be provided, depending on your role
Where is Deksia located?
How Do I apply?
Complete the assessment found here.
Deksia is an equal employment opportunity provider. Any qualified candidate is welcome to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.